In this workshop participants will learn the basic skills to design a new IVF laboratory or re-build an existing one using the latest know-how, from planning (space design and future needs) to selection of construction materials (building materials, air ventilation system), laboratory furniture, equipment and disposables. Participants will also receive guidance regarding start-up and validation of the laboratory facilities before starting clinical treatments.
The course comprises lectures and interaction with participants, evaluating the optimal design of ART laboratories to ensure the best possible outcomes. Participants are encouraged to bring any preliminary designs of their new clinic/laboratory or rebuilding plans to the workshop.
- Regulations and guidelines for IVF laboratories and cleanrooms
- Laboratory air quality
- Cleanroom design and construction
- Cleanroom classification and monitoring
- CRG Lab visit
- IVF laboratory management – part 1
- IVF laboratory management – part 2
- Practice session – Q&A
- Practical discussions of different plans
- Preparation of project by participants
Course fee: 2250€
Fees include lunch and refreshments for 2 days, certificate of attendance, USB key with all presentations, guided lab visit.