This two-day workshop will provide participants with a complete insight into the ICSI technique that was developed in our fertility centre. The workshop includes in-depth theoretical lectures given by a senior clinician and a senior embryologist as well as hands-on sessions (pipette setting, sperm aspiration and immobilization, microinjection) under supervision of experienced lab technicians.
During the course the participants will learn about the history of ICSI, the technical aspects, clinical applications but above all the participants will have ample opportunity to practice the ICSI technique in various hands-on sessions.
The workshop is limited to max. 4 participants as to ensure sufficient practice time for each participant.
- Clinical aspects of ICSI
- Principles and practical aspects of ICSI
- Demonstration of ICSI equipment
- Hands-on session: pipette setting
- ICSI videos
- Hands-on session:
- Sperm aspiration and immobilization
- Oocyte positioning for ICSI
- Zona pellicula penetration and membrane breakage
- Trouble shooting – Q&A
- Hands-on session – part 3
- CRG lab visit
- Hands-on session – part 4
- Q&A – Closure
Course fee: € 2000
Fees include lunch and refreshments for 2 days, certificate of attendance, USB key with all presentations, guided lab visit.